Yes, the long-awaited primetime Emmy awards 2019 show is near. It is not hard to admit that we all wait for long year for this award show. This award is the award for television program as an Academy of television arts and sciences. This is an exciting moment for the American TV industry and all the TV artists wait for this award.
Last time the award result was excellent and also surprising. So this year the expectation is very much high. We are waiting for a jaw-dropping show as the winners will be announced.
The time has finally come of the date announcement of 70th primetime Emmy award 2019. The show is just after few days and you will which show and actors got this award. Who knows your favorite show and actors may get the award. The date of this primetime Emmy awards 2018 is on September 22, 2019 and the day is Monday. Want to know the venue? Well it is none other than the Microsoft Theater, Los Angeles, California, USA. Before Emmy award, events like ESPY awards, American music award, MTV video music awards were held with success. This venue is the home of primetime Emmy award since 2008 and it will be till 2018. So you can say this year will be the last award ceremony of if the venue changes next year. We can say the venue will ensure the most exciting show on that day.
The reason of the award is happening in Los Angeles because this place is for all the creative people who just love art and show. The people here are energetic, fun loving and loves music, film. You can guess how the audience’s response to this award.
People from all over the world come to enjoy this award ceremony and it is really thrilling. People wait for the primetime Emmy awards ticket for long one year. The experience is unexpected and exciting. Once you experience it, it will give you experience of a lifetime. Dot forget the economic benefit of this show as millions of audience gets here to enjoy this wonderful show.
Primetime Emmy awards 2019 nominations:
The 71th Primetime Emmy Awards will honor television’s best performances and shows of the past year shows. The award ceremony will be hosted by Colin Jost, Michael Che on Sept. 17.
The nominations are:
- Best Comedy
- “Barry” (HBO)
- “Atlanta” (FX)
- Curb Your Enthusiasm” (HBO)
- “black-ish” (ABC)
- “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” (Netflix)
- “GLOW” (Netflix)
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” (Amazon)
- “Silicon Valley” (HBO)
- Best Drama
- “The Americans” (FX)
- “Westworld” (HBO)
- “The Handmaid’s Tale” (Hulu)
- “Game of Thrones” (HBO)
- “The Crown” (Netflix)
- “Stranger Things” (Netflix)
- “This Is Us” (NBC)
- Best Limited Series
- “The Alienist” (TNT)
- “Patrick Melrose” (Showtime)
- “Godless” (Netflix)
- “The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story” (FX)
- “Genius: Picasso” (National Geographic)
- Best Actress, Comedy
- Rachel Brosnahan, “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”
- Pamela Adlon, “Better Things”
- Lily Tomlin, “Grace and Frankie”
- Allison Janney, “Mom”
- Tracee Ellis Ross, “black-ish”
- Issa Rae, “Insecure”
- Best Actor, Comedy:
- Anthony Anderson, “black-ish”
- Larry David, “Curb Your Enthusiasm”
- Ted Danson, “The Good Place”
- Donald Glover, “Atlanta”
- William H. Macy, “Shameless”
- Bill Hader, “Barry”
- Best Actress, Drama
- Claire Foy, “The Crown”
- Elisabeth Moss, “The Handmaid’s Tale”
- Tatiana Maslany, “Orphan Black”
- Keri Russell, “The Americans”
- Sandra Oh, “Killing Eve”
- Evan Rachel Wood, “Westworld”
- Best Actor, Drama
- Jason Bateman, “Ozark”
- Sterling K. Brown, “This Is Us”
- Ed Harris, “Westworld”
- Matthew Rhys, “The Americans”
- Milo Ventimiglia, “This Is Us”
- Jeffrey Wright, “Westworld”
- Supporting Actress, Drama
- Alexis Bledel, “The Handmaid’s Tale”
- Millie Bobby Brown, “Stranger Things”
- Ann Dowd, “The Handmaid’s Tale”
- Lena Headey, “Game of Thrones”
- Vanessa Kirby, “The Crown”
- Thandie Newton, “Westworld”
- Yvonne Strahovski, “The Handmaid’s Tale”
- Supporting Actor, Drama
- NikolajCoster-Waldau, “Game of Thrones”
- Peter Dinklage, “Game of Thrones”
- Joseph Fiennes, “The Handmaid’s Tale”
- David Harbour, “Stranger Things”
- Mandy Patinkin, “Homeland”
- Matt Smith, “The Crown”
- Supporting Actress, Comedy
- ZazieBeetz, “Atlanta”
- Aidy Bryant, “Saturday Night Live”
- Alex Borstein, “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”
- Betty Gilpin, “GLOW”
- Leslie Jones, “Saturday Night Live”
- Kate McKinnon, “Saturday Night Live”
- Laurie Metcalf, “Roseanne”
- Megan Mullally, “Will & Grace”
- Supporting Actor, Comedy
- Louie Anderson, “Baskets”
- Alec Baldwin, “Saturday Night Live”
- Tituss Burgess, “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”
- Brian Tyree Henry, “Atlanta”
- Tony Shalhoub, “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”
- Kenan Thompson, “Saturday Night Live”
- Henry Winkler, “Barry”
- Best Actress, Limited Series or TV Movie
- Jessica Biel, “The Sinner”
- Laura Dern, “The Tale”
- Michelle Dockery, “Godless”
- Edie Falco, “Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders”
- Regina King, “Seven Seconds”
- Sarah Paulson, “American Horror Story: Cult”
- Best Actor, Limited Series or TV Movie
- Antonio Banderas, “Genius: Picasso”
- Darren Criss, “The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story”
- Benedict Cumberbatch, “Patrick Melrose”
- Jeff Daniels, “The Looming Tower”
- John Legend, “Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert”
- Jesse Plemons, “Black Mirror: USS Callister”
- Supporting Actress, Limited Series or a Movie
- Sara Bareilles, “Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert”
- Penélope Cruz, “The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story”
- Judith Light, “The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story”
- Adina Porter, “American Horror Story: Cult”
- Merritt Wever, “Godless”
- Letitia Wright, “Black Mirror: Black Museum”
- Supporting Actor, Limited Series or Movie
- Jeff Daniels, “Godless”
- Brandon Victor Dixon, “Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert”
- John Leguizamo, “Waco”
- Ricky Martin, “The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story”
- Edgar Ramirez, “The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story”
- Michael Stuhlbarg, “The Looming Tower”
- Finn Wittrock, “The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story”
- Television Movie
- “Black Mirror: USS Callister” (Netflix)
- “Fahrenheit 451” (HBO)
- “Flint” (Lifetime)
- “Paterno” (HBO)
- “The Tale” (HBO)
Primetime Emmy awards 2018 predictions
To make predictions is like solving riddles for me, it is fun. Here are the prediction of 71th primetime Emmy awards.
As in Emmy awards 2017, Game of throne was out of the list as it had some issues with episodes. This helped new series come in light and win the award. This year, all the hit series are from HBO and Netflix is also in the race.
As the nominations are officially out, start casting your imaginary ballot and go with your prediction. Hope our prediction gets right and all of them get the golden awards. Let’s hit it:
- Exceptional Comedy Series:
The nominees in this category are: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Atlanta, black-ish, Barry, Glow, Curb Your Enthusiasm,Silicon Valley, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,
My verdict: I think Atlanta will take the award. In 2017, Donald Glover took two award as lead actor and the director of this show. If Veep was in the list then there was no chance of Atlanta’s. the second season of Atlanta’s is just awesome. So there is no chance to lose this award for atlantas.
- Excellent Drama Series
The nominees of this category is: West world, The Americans, Game of Thrones, The Crown, Stranger Things, The Handmaid’s Tale, This Is Us.
My verdict: in this category, you will find similar nomination of last year. As game of thrones are back then it is 95% chance to win the award. The Handmaid’s Tale is close enough in this race as the show won 8 awards last year. Let’s wait for the result.
- Outstanding Limited Series
The nominees in this category: The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, The Alienist, Godless, Patrick Melrose, Genius.
My verdict: you can see big Little Lies is not in the list. So there is no barricade before the serial killer story serial The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story. So the winner is The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story and that is for sure.
- Best Actor in a Comedy Series
The nominees for this category is: William H. Macy (Shameless), Anthony Anderson (black-ish), Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm), Ted Danson (The Good Place), Bill Hader (Barry), Donald Glover (Atlanta).
The verdict: my favorites are Bill Hader and Ted Danson. They both are best as comedian and people love them. But don’t forget about Larry David and Donald Grover. They both also deserve this award.
- Best Actress in a Comedy Series
The nominees for this category is: Pamela Adlon (Better Things), Allison Janney (Mom), Rachel Brosnahan (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel), Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish), Issa Rae (Insecure), Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie)
My verdict: there is no doubt that Rachel Brosnahan is the winner here. She is just sensational and shows shoots the vibrant performance in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. For her performance, she won the Golden Globe award. The show of her got 14 nomination and it is enough to win the race.
- Best Actor in Limited Movieor Series:
The nominees in this category are: Jesse Plemons (Black Mirror: USS Callister),Antonio Banderas (Genius), Benedict Cumberbatch (Patrick Melrose), Darren Criss (The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story), John Legend (Jesus Christ Superstar), Jeff Daniels (The Looming Tower),
My verdict: no one can beat the performance of Darren Criss’sspellbinding performance as a serial killer Andrew Cunanan. There is also one that is my favorite – Benedict Cumberbatch from Patrick Melrose. There will be a tough fight between this two.
- Best Actress in Limited Movieor series
The nominees of this category is: Sarah Paulson (American Horror Story: Cult), Jessica Biel (The Sinner), Michelle Dockery (Godless), Laura Dern (The Tale), Regina King (Seven Seconds), Edie Falco (Law & Order: The Menendez Murders).
My verdict: none other than Laura Dern. Her outstanding performance in the drama the tale. It is just incomparable. She deserves this award.
- Best Actor in a Drama Series
The nominees of this category is: Jeffrey Wright (Westworld), Sterling K. Brown (This Is Us), Jason Bateman (Ozark), Ed Harris (Westworld), Milo Ventimiglia (This Is Us), Matthew Rhys (The Americans),
My verdict: there is no doubt who will get this award, he is none other than Matthew Rhys. This is third time nomination for this actor. But there is also a big chance for Sterling K. Brown for the series This is us. Sterling got SAG and Globe award for his work in the series.
- Best Actress in a Drama Series
The nominees of this category is:Sandra Oh (Killing Eve), Claire Foy (The Crown), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black), Evan Rachel Wood (Westworld),Keri Russell (The Americans),
My verdict: though Claire Foy is not part of The Crown as the show organizer has done major change in the casting. But her work in the series in unforgettable. She already got SAG award and this is her last chance to get the award for this role. So best of luck for her. Elisabeth Moss has also the chance of winning for her role in the Handmaid’s Tale. It was just brilliant.
So here was my prediction of primetime emmy award winners 2018. Finger crossed and wait for the grand day.
- when are the primetime emmys awards 2019?
Ans: The time is September 22, 2019.
Q.Where are the primetime Emmys held 2019?
Ans: Microsoft Theater, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Q.Who is hosting the primetime Emmy Awards 2019?
Ans: Michael Che and Colin Jost
- What time are the primetime Emmy?
Ans: the show will be live telecast from 5 p.m till 8 p.m.
Q.How tall is an primetime Emmy Award?
Ans: this show will entertain audience for long 3 hours.
For television industry primetime Emmy award 2019 is an honor to get. For a year television academy waits for this great show to gain the best award. It is not less than the movie awards. So let’s hope for the best to the nominees and wish that all of the predictions are made gets true. So guys let’s wait for the grand day that will be held on September 17th.